There can be various reasons why a conversation was not recorded or imported. It is recommended to establish a process to investigate the issues after recognizing missing recordings (e.g. receiving the alerts). The following table provides a detailed description of the recommended troubleshooting process.
Try to reproduce the call scenario to see if the issue can be reproduced
|It is important to understand if the issue can be reproduced or not. Try to reproduce the same scenario which failed with the same participants, using the same infrastructure, etc.|
|Check if the recorded extensions are configured properly in the system|
Most integrations require recorded extensions to be configured in the system, otherwise, the system will not record or import the conversation.
- Check if the extension is added in the right format and with the right settings. The deployment guide includes information about the requirements for each integration. For more information, see Integrations
- Check if the extension configuration is applied on the Recording Servers:
- Check if there are no pending configurations tasks
- Check if the local copy of the extension configuration is up to date
|Check if recording is enabled in the communication system||Certain platforms require additional configuration to enable recording for a device, user or line. The deployment guide includes information about the requirements for each integration. For more information, see Integrations|
Check if the Recording Servers are up and running and if there are no errors in the server logs
In order to verify the Recording Servers (or servers with recording or import services enabled) are up and running, follow the check below:
- Check if the server is running and online.
- Check if all network connections are up.
- Verify the firewall configuration according to the requirements of the specific integrations. For more information, see Firewall configuration.
- Check if the anti-virus scanner is not interfering with the recording functionality. For more information, see /wiki/spaces/docs/pages/6818345.
- Check if there is any error in the Windows Event Log which could affect the recording and import functionality.
- Check if there is enough disk capacity for recording. The lack of disk space can have an adverse effect on the services or the operating system.
- Check if there is any system alert raised on the server. The services are designed to automatically raise alerts if errors occur affecting the normal operation.
Check if the recorder and import services are up and running and if there are no errors in the log
Follow the checks below to verify if the recorder and import services are up and running properly:
- Check if the recorder and import services are running. To verify which services have to be enabled for specific, integrations, refer to the configuration guide of the integration.
- Check the logs of the respected services and search for error messages. Also, try to find any related entries for the affected calls, try to search for the conversation/call IDs available in the recorded platform (e.g. SIP call ID)
Check if the SQL database server is reachable for the recorder and import services
|Verify if the SQL Server connection is up and there are no SQL errors in the related service logs.|
Check if the calls are on the Recording Servers waiting to be inserted and uploaded
|Verify if there are recorded or imported files on the local disk of the Recording Server waiting to be inserted or uploaded. This would indicate that the recorder or import service cannot connect to the database and/or to the storage infrastructure.|
Check with the network team if there are any issues with the network connections
|It is important to understand if there was any change in the network configuration or any issues detected for the time period under investigation. Even intermittent network connection errors could cause recording failure.|
Check with the telephony team if there is any error related to the calls missing
|There could be many issues on the communication platform which could cause recording issues. Verify if there were any errors or configuration changes in the time period under investigation.|